Hello darkness, my old friend

I've come to talk with you again...
Welcome to my notebook, where a page is another world.

Friday, January 1, 2010

My Name is Not Natalia

Natalia is my twin sister. She is older than me by one minute. No, she was not born first because we wrestled and she won, like what ignorant people say. She had an emergency and almost died. So, that's why I'm second.

Something has been bothering me as to why my family does this. For some reason, they always call me Natalia, ALWAYS!!!! Okay, so why am I whining? Because I am an individual, not one person, like what ignorant people say.

Then, you would say, "So stop whining. They're your family and they're trying to be funny."

I would say, "Oh man, you do not want to be in my shoes."

Even when sister isn't around, they call me Natalia. Like, I was on a recent trip to Dominican Republic and my uncle accompanied us. The man could NEVER pronounce my name and said Tatonia. He even called me Natalia. Oh my fuzzles, I was so annoyed. She was not even with us. We were thousands of miles away in an another country and he dares to call me Natalia.

My aunt forever calls me Natalia, no matter how much I say back that I'm Tatiana. Example:

Aunt: "Natalia, can you help me with this?"

Tatiana: "My name is Tatiana."

Aunt: "Oh, I'm sorry, Natalia, Natalia; ay, I always say your name wrong." (transalted from Spanish)

Even my eighty-something year old grandmother still calls me Natalia. Last night, she asked my mom if I were her. A reason why I chose to go on my separate ways in high school was so that people would see me as an individual. And, it worked. I felt like one person.

My mom thinks I'm exaggerating when I complain about this. She says family members do call her by her sisters. Yes, true, but my problem happens ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME! My sister doesn't care to see her relatives. She's always with her friends no matter the occasion. For Christmas, she didn't visit relatives because her friends were with theirs. So, she didn't go out. Natalia is always absent. TATIANA is always there. Then, they say that TATIANA doesn't care about the family because she's never there. Do you know how much TATIANA is there for her family??

Everytime I visit Natalia's Facebook, I see all the seventeen comments people post when she writes how she ate bad sushi and vommited. I cannot believe all the people that pay attention to what she writes. I honestly don't want to be jealous, but this girl says she has low self-esteem. I do agree when someone ignorantly says the reason why she's chunkier than me is because she eats more than me. But, no one replied when I write that I returned from Dominican Republic. Very few people reply to my posts. Maybe one or two and maybe someone will like it. But, that's it. I feel stupid for allowing Facebook to my my life, but it is an internet life that connects people from their homes and when in person, it gives absolute truth. No one really calls to ask if they want to hang around with me. I am making one good friend, which I'm happy for, but it's in a developing process. But for now, I'm not Tatiana. I'm the frame for Natalia so others criticize Tatiana.

No comments: